The Overture Awards
The Overture Awards is a program that recognizes, encourages and rewards excellence in the arts among Tri-state students in grades 9-12. Its mission is to encourage arts education as an integral part of a student’s academic experience and to create an environment that encourages training in, and appreciation of, the arts. The Overture Awards Scholarship Competition is the area’s largest solo arts competition and offers scholarships in six artistic disciplines: creative writing, dance, instrumental music, theatre, visual art, and vocal music. For the 2015 competition, students may win a $4,000 scholarship (one awarded in each discipline) or a $1000 finalist scholarship (a total of 18 awarded). Judges at all levels of the competition are drawn from the professional arts community.
January 16 & 17, 2015
Aronoff Center for the Arts
The Semi-Finals in Dance, Instrumental Music, Theater, and Vocal Music are open auditions (with limited seating on a first-come, first-served basis). Creative Writing and Visual Art judging will not be open to the public.
Saturday, January 10, 2015
The Regional Competition occurs at various sites across the Tri-state.
The deadline for the 2015 Overture Awards is November 10, 2014
Questions about registration: email@example.com or (513) 977-4119
Redeeming Your Scholarship
Congratulations on winning an Overture Awards Scholarship!
- Education & Community
- Artists on Tour
- Fiddles and Flatboats: Music and Stories along the Ohio
- Indian Culture Comes to You: Art of India
- Indian Culture Comes to You: Dance of India
- Mountain Christmas
- Oh, Shucks! Cornhusk Crafts, Songs
- The Story Quilt
- What's the Word? Read
- The World of Pan
- Backstage Magic: A Science Spectacular
- The Game Show: Science or Social Studies
- Trash Magic
- Wild Science
- Wild Science--Method Madness
- Wild Science--What Does It Matter
- Wild Science--Trash Magic
- Overture Awards
- Building Diverse Audience Advisory Committee
- Cincy Emerging Arts Leaders
- Janet's Fund