The Overture Awards
The Overture Awards is a program that recognizes, encourages and rewards excellence in the arts among Tri-state students in grades 9-12. Its mission is to encourage arts education as an integral part of a student’s academic experience and to create an environment that encourages training in, and appreciation of, the arts. The Overture Awards Scholarship Competition is the area’s largest solo arts competition and offers scholarships in six artistic disciplines: creative writing, dance, instrumental music, theater, visual art, and vocal music. Students may win a $3,500 scholarship (one awarded in each discipline) or a $750 finalist scholarship (a total of 18 awarded). Judges at all levels of the competition are drawn from the professional arts community.
Registering for the Overture Awards
Criteria, Visual Art Cover Sheet, & the Judging Process
January 11, 2014
The Regional Competition occurs at various sites across the Tri-state.
January 17 & 18, 2014
Aronoff Center for the Arts
The Semi-Finals in Dance, Instrumental Music, Theater, and Vocal Music are open auditions (with limited seating on a first-come, first-served basis). Creative Writing and Visual Art judging will not be open to the public.
Redeeming Your Scholarship
Congratulations on winning an Overture Awards Scholarship!
- Education & Community
- Artists on Tour
- What's the Word? Read
- Backstage Magic: A Science Spectacular
- The Game Show: Science or Social Studies
- Trash Magic
- Wild Science
- Bacchanal Steel Band Performance
- The World of Pan
- Mountain Christmas
- Oh, Shucks! Cornhusk Crafts, Songs
- The Story Quilt
- Appalachian Culture through Music & Stories
- Banjo from Africa to America
- Fiddles and Flatboats: Music and Stories along the Ohio
- Science of Success
- Indian Culture Comes to You: Art of India
- Indian Culture Comes to You: Dance of India
- Overture Awards
- Building Diverse Audience Advisory Committee
- Cincy Emerging Arts Leaders
- Janet's Fund