Last updated: August 28, 2018
The Cincinnati Arts Association (“CAA”, “we”, “our” and “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. We have adopted this policy to explain our privacy practices with respect to information that CAA may collect about you when you access and use our website and use our online services (the “Services”).
2. Information We Collect about You and How We Collect It
We typically collect two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you; and (b) information that we collect through automatic data collection technologies.
a. Information that You Provide to Us
When you access and use our Services, register on our website to purchase tickets or memberships, or subscribe to our E-NEWS (CAA’s version of an e-Club), we may ask for information by which you may be personally identified. This includes, but is not limited to, your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, credit card or other payment information, or any other information defined as personally-identifiable information under applicable law (“Personal Information”), or that is about you but individually does not identify you.
This information may include:
- Information that you provide to us directly when using the Services. For example, when you register for or use the Services as a guest, you may provide us with your phone number, name, email address, and payment information. We may also collect information when you respond to surveys or report a problem with the Services.
- Feedback or ratings related to your use of the Services and requests for support.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Services and of the fulfillment of your requests made using the Services.
- Your search queries on the Services.
b. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information including:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
- Device or Computer Information. We may automatically collect information about your computer, mobile device and internet connection, including the computer or device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Location Information. The Services may collect real-time information about the location of your computer or device, as applicable, through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not use the Services. For more information, see Section 6, Choices About How We Collect, Use, and Disclose Your Information.
The data collection technologies we use may also include:
- Cookies (or mobile or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or device, as applicable. However, if you refuse to accept cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Services.
3. Third-Party Information Collection
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Section 6, Choices About How We Collect, Use, and Disclose Your Information.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide the Services and associated content to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or promotions offered to users of our Services, including expiration and renewal notices, as well as receipts or other documentation related to your purchases.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Services or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To notify you when an update to the Services is available.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
In addition, the usage information that we collect to help us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Evaluate usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Services.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria. See the discussion below under Section 6, Choices About How We Collect, Use, and Disclose Your Information.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
- To our affiliates and business partners for the purpose of providing our services to you.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business operations.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of CAA assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by CAA about the Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of CAA, its affiliates and business partners, and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms of service also available on our website and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CAA, our customers, our business partners, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Choices About How We Collect, Use, and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Email Addresses. We do not share your email addresses with third parties to market products or services to you.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow an application running on your device or computer to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device or computer’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Services may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") at NAI Opt Out.
7. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page.
You may also contact us at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. Data Security
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
10. Contact Information
Cincinnati Arts Association
650 Walnut Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org