Each season, nearly 750 dedicated and talented volunteers contribute to the vital operations and administration of the Cincinnati Arts Association (CAA). It is part of our mission to provide quality arts and entertainment experiences, exceptional customer service and first-class venues for the Greater Cincinnati community. Our friendly and helpful volunteers become active participants in these valuable services and are ambassadors for the arts in Cincinnati.
Although the majority of our volunteers serve as ushers at the Aronoff Center and Music Hall, other volunteer opportunities exist.
Thank you for your interest in assisting us in our work. We are always looking for personable individuals to volunteer their time and talents to make our events a great success!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become a CAA Volunteer?
- Fill out our online application HERE
- Watch the 20 minute information session that is sent in an email after completing your application
- Attend our mandatory orientation and Volunteer in Training shifts
- Sign up for available shifts!
What volunteer opportunities are available with CAA?
- Most of our volunteers serve as Ushers at the Aronoff Center and Music Hall. As an Usher, you are part of the Front of House Team, creating a memorable and enjoyable experience for guests. Ushers can be stationed at doors helping guests get to their seats, greeters, ticket scanners, and more!
Please be advised, volunteers serving as Ushers must be able to walk up and down stairs without a handrail and can be on their feet for 4-5 hours during their shift.
- We do have other administrative volunteer opportunities available in our Volunteer Office and Marketing Department, if interested in these opportunities, please email the Volunteer Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How much am I expected to volunteer?
Our volunteers sign up for the shifts that fit their schedule. We have an 85 hour time commitment for volunteers who are expecting to do around 2 events per month spread throughout the year as well as a 54 hour time commitment for volunteers who would benefit from 1 event per month. The beauty of our scheduling is that the volunteer creates their own schedule and can spread their time out to fit their personal needs.
Can I volunteer as a minor?
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old and have permission from a parent or guardian.
Do you have other volunteer opportunities backstage?
We do not currently have back of house volunteer opportunities.
What are some of the benefits of being a CAA Volunteer?
- Discounted parking when here for a shift
- Giving back to your community
- Meeting new friends
- The opportunity to serve at a wide variety of events
- Being a part of the premier arts organization in the area