Who May Apply for the Overture Awards Competition
All applications must be submitted through a school, home school, private music teacher, or private studio. No individual applications will be accepted.
- All students in grades 9-12 who study in the Greater Cincinnati region are eligible.
- Schools are encouraged to hold in-school competitions to determine who will compete at the Regional level.
- Schools may send up to 12 students to compete in the Regional Competition and may distribute nominations among the six disciplines as they wish.
HOME SCHOOLS, VIRTUAL SCHOOLS, PRIVATE STUDIOS/TEACHERS
- The qualifications for students nominated by non-traditional schools are the same as for high schools (see above).
- A parent or school coordinator should act as the Overture Coordinator and be responsible for facilitating student registration.
- Private studios/teachers should nominate students who have not been nominated by their high school.
- Non-traditional schools may send competitors based upon the number of students enrolled in the school or studio:
- 1- 25 students: 4 competitors
- 25-50 students: 8 competitors
- 50 or more students: 12 competitors
- All prior Overture Awards finalists still in high school are automatically entitled to compete in future Overture Awards competitions. They must pay the entry fee, however.
- Prior finalists will not be counted toward the total number of competitors for their school.
Young Arts Finalists
The Overture Awards and Young Arts have had an agreement where Overture Awards finalists automatically advance in Young Arts. The Overture Awards has extended that agreement to eligible Overture Awards competitors who advance to the finals in Young Arts. Since the Young Arts Finals conflicts with the Overture Awards Regional Competition, Overture Awards competitors who advance to Young Arts Finals will automatically advance to the Overture Awards Semi-Finals competition. Competitors must meet all other requirements including completing an application, and must notify the Overture Awards about advancing to Young Arts Finals.
- Education & Community
- Artists on Tour
- Arts in Healing
- Overture Awards
- Building Diverse Audiences Advisory Committee
- Cincy Emerging Arts Leaders
- Janet's Fund