Building Diverse Audiences Advisory Committee (BDAAC)
The Building Diverse Audiences Advisory Committee, also known as BDAAC, is a group of committed multi-cultural volunteers who serve as advisors, ambassadors, and hosts to connect, welcome, engage, and inspire the Greater Cincinnati community through the Cincinnati Arts Association’s (CAA) world class arts experiences.
In 1996, CAA and its Education and Community Relations Department formed BDAAC and together developed and implemented a strategic plan to attract a more diverse audience to its venues. Several years later, the committee revised and updated the plan. BDAAC continued to grow and in concert with CAA is embarking on a new strategic plan based on the belief that world class multi-cultural arts programs inspire and engage diverse audiences by welcoming people and bringing communities together. BDAAC values the arts and the role that CAA plays in making the Greater Cincinnati Region a global and multi-cultural destination.
BDAAC values arts education and new and different arts experiences that connect people and communities. The arts inspire and engage diverse audiences in a natural, organic, and all-inclusive manner. BDAAC and CAA believe that ‘quality’ arts programming is the right of every citizen and is essential to a great city’s continued growth.
BDAAC often helps plan and participate in CAA events, volunteers at community-based and community arts events, and plays a role in the success of diverse programs through grassroots marketing. As an advisory committee, BDAAC provides input, reminders, resources, and feedback to CAA.
- Mr. J. Stephen Dobbins (Chair) – Assisted Transition of Greater Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky
- Mr. Michael Beck – Midwest Latino LLC
- Mr. Mario de la Nuez – De la Dance
- Ms. Marvel Gentry Davis – Blue Water Satellite, Inc.
- Mr. Robert Lomax – Hamilton County Justice Center
- Dr. Sunny Lu – UC Health
- Ms. Ketki Mody – Excel Tours and Travels, LLC
- Ms. Toilynn O'Neal – New American Art Gallery II
- Ms. Evelyn Sears – Hamilton County Mental Health and Recovery Services Board
- Ms. Davette Shorter – Quest Diagnostics
Cincinnati Arts Association Staff:
- Mr. Steve Loftin – President & Executive Director
- Ms. Joyce Bonomini – Director of Education & Community Relations
- Mr. Van Ackerman – Director of Marketing & Public Relations
- Ms. Brenda Carter – Director of Human Resources
- Mr. John Harig – Director of Ticketing
- Ms. Nickie Hudlin – Education and Community Relations Associate
- Education & Community
- Artists on Tour
- Overture Awards
- Building Diverse Audiences Advisory Committee
- Cincy Emerging Arts Leaders
- Janet's Fund