Building Diverse Audiences Advisory Committee (BDAAC)
The Building Diverse Audiences Advisory Committee, also known as BDAAC, is a group of committed multi-cultural volunteers who serve as advisors, ambassadors, and hosts to connect, welcome, engage, and inspire the Greater Cincinnati community through the Cincinnati Arts Association’s (CAA) world class arts experiences.
In 1996, CAA and its Education and Community Relations Department formed BDAAC and together developed and implemented a strategic plan to attract a more diverse audience to its venues. Several years later, the committee revised and updated the plan. BDAAC continued to grow and in concert with CAA is embarking on a new strategic plan based on the belief that world class multi-cultural arts programs inspire and engage diverse audiences by welcoming people and bringing communities together. BDAAC values the arts and the role that CAA plays in making the Greater Cincinnati Region a global and multi-cultural destination.
BDAAC values arts education and new and different arts experiences that connect people and communities. The arts inspire and engage diverse audiences in a natural, organic, and all-inclusive manner. BDAAC and CAA believe that ‘quality’ arts programming is the right of every citizen and is essential to a great city’s continued growth.
BDAAC members often help plan as well as participate in CAA events, volunteer at community-based and community arts events, and play a role in the success of diverse programs through grassroots marketing. As an advisory committee, BDAAC provides input, resources, and feedback to CAA.
• Mr. J. Stephen Dobbins (Chair) – Assisted Transition of Greater Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky
• Mr. Michael Beck – Midwest Latino LLC
• Mr. David Choate Jr., – Producing Artistic Director Revolutions Dance Theatre, Lighting Designer Crossroads Church
• Ms. Marvel Gentry Harmon – Senior Sales Executive at IPS-Energy USA, Inc.
• Mr. Robert Lomax – Hamilton County Justice Center
• Dr. Sunny Lu – UC Health
• Ms. Ketki Mody – Excel Tours and Travels, LLC
• Ms. Toilynn O'Neal – New American Art Gallery II
• Ms. Evelyn Sears – Hamilton County Mental Health and Recovery Services Board
• Ms. Davette Shorter – B.True.2.U Hair Institute, Chief Executive & Marketing Officer, Professor of Marketing Northern Kentucky University
• Ms. Ida Turner – Director of Recruitment, Northwest Mutual
Cincinnati Arts Association Staff:
• Mr. Steve Loftin – President
• Mr. Van Ackerman – Vice President Marketing & Communications
• Ms. Joyce Bonomini – Vice President Education & Community Engagement
• Ms. Brenda Carter – Vice President Human Resources
• Mr. John Harig – Vice President Ticketing
• Ms. Meghan P. Kaskoun, CVA – Director of Volunteer Engagement & Guest Experience
• Mr. Emmitt Rider – Education & Community Engagement Coordinator
• Ms. Kathleen Riemenschneider – Associate Director of Education & Community Engagement
- Education & Community
- Artists at Home
- Artists on Tour
- Overture Awards
- Arts in Healing
- Building Diverse Audiences Advisory Committee
- Cincy Emerging Arts Leaders
- Janet's Fund