Dada Rafiki: Conversations
Presented by Annie Ruth and Cincinnati Arts Association
DateNov 20, 2020
Join internationally respected and award-winning artist/poet Annie Ruth as she hosts one of the most inspirational multicultural celebrations of music, dance, spoken word, and song in Cincinnati – Dada Rafiki, which means "sister-friend" in the Kiswahili language of Eastern Africa. Annie uses this engaging and interactive evening to honor women from all walks of life in the Tri-state area. This year's theme is Conversations – Celebrating the year of the woman!, which promotes a universal message of hope, health, and healing for Greater Cincinnati.
Experience a multi-sensory artistic expression of music, dance, song, and spoken word honoring the legacy and impact of women. Hosted by WLWT-TV5 news anchor Courtis Fuller, Dada Rafiki features performances by Annie Ruth, singer/songwriter Sistah LaLa, mother-and-son team Yah’El Abiyah Yisra’el and William Menefield, Cincinnati Opera artist Gabriella Sam, acclaimed multicultural dancer and choreographer Jeaunita Olowe, and a host of community performers.
Dada Rafiki Honorees:
- Pastor Dr. Robert L. Harris, Baba of Honor
- Elissa Lee Yancey
- Sheila Holmes Howard
- Anne Cushing-Reid
- Tracey A. DuEst
- Cammie Combs-Montgomery
- Andrea Smythe Taylor
- Regina Johnson Phillips
- Bernadette Watson
- Delores Hargrove-Young
- Quiera Levy-Smith
- Geneva Watkins Miller
Spotlight Sister Organizations:
- New Prospect Baptist Church Culinary Kitchen Ministry
- National Council of Negro Women- Cincinnati Chapter
- Cincinnati Federation of Colored Women’s Clubs
- Queens Village – Cradle Cincinnati
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
- Gamma Phi Delta Sorority, Inc.