Registering Students to Compete
DEADLINE: All necessary information must be submitted to the Cincinnati Arts Association by Monday, November 13, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
Note: Students may compete in only one discipline.
If you are a new coordinator or your information has changed, please complete a Coordinator Form. A home school parent should serve as his or her student’s coordinator.
- Students complete application form: 2018 Overture Awards Application.pdf (Download to your computer and save as new PDF; make sure the application has saved the entered information)
- Students give applications to Coordinator
- Coordinators submits applications through online submission manager, https://cincinnatiartsassociation.submittable.com/submit (available September 1 - November 13, 2017)
- On submission manager website find “Overture Awards 2018 Applications” and click the “Submit” button
- You will be prompted to create an account or sign in if already have an account
- Once signed in, complete online form
a. There is a field to list returning finalists
b. There is a field to list students requesting a fee waiver
c. There is a limit to the number of students a school or studio may enter. Please refer to the Who May Apply page for details.
- Upload applications
Note: you can upload applications as you receive them and select “Save” to upload more later
- Once all applications have been uploaded, click “Submit”
- Once you have clicked “Submit,” applications are available for the Overture Awards to view.
- If, after you have submitted the applications, you need to make changes, you can select “edit” and a request will be sent to the Overture Awards to allow you to edit or you can withdraw your submission and reapply.
- Creative Writing manuscripts are to be submitted separately but using the same system, https://cincinnatiartsassociation.submittable.com/submit. Select “Overture Awards 2018 Creative Writing manuscripts.” (available September 1 - November 13, 2017)
There is a $20 non-refundable entrance fee to compete, which must be received by Monday, November 13, 2017.
- Schools, PTAs, or other organizations may pay entrance fees for their students.
- Students with an economic hardship may have their entrance fee waived at the discretion of the coordinator (indicate request on Submission Form).
Online payment through Cincinnati Arts Association/Aronof Center's ticketing system is available September 1 - November 13.
- Credit Cards are processed through Cincinnati Arts Association/Aronoff Center's ticketing system (1 ticket=1 application fee). However, it will be listed on your credit card statement as “Aronoff Center Tickets.”
- If paying for more than one student, you may enter all names in the Student field, separate names by a comma. However, the Student field has limited space. If listing several students, either just list last names only or, if paying for all students from a school or studio, state “All Students” in name field.
- If you receive a message about selecting “Delivery Method,” there is a drop down menu (bottom of ticket summary box, middle of screen). Select "$0.00-Registration."
- If you have paid the Overture Awards Application Fee online in the past or ordered tickets through the Cincinnati Arts Association, you probably already have an account set up in the system. You can access it based on your email. When asked to login in, enter your email and password. If can’t remember your password, click “forgot password” option.
Checks and school purchase orders:
Make checks payable to the “Cincinnati Arts Association.” Include name of student(s), school/studio which nominated the student, and the discipline in which the student is competing, and mail to:
The Overture Awards
c/o Cincinnati Arts Association
650 Walnut Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Education & Community
- Artists on Tour
- Overture Awards
- Building Diverse Audiences Advisory Committee
- Cincy Emerging Arts Leaders