The Overture Awards Regional Competition
Saturday, January 26, 2019
The Regional Competition will take place at various locations (see below). Click on the location for directions and parking.
If you have questions, contact us at (513) 977-4119 or [email protected].
- Day of competition Hotline: (513) 977-4168.
- Please review the Criteria before competing.
- Note: the Overture Awards uses block scheduling, that is, more than one competitor is scheduled in 15 or 30 minutes time blocks.
- Schedules are under each discipline below, click in PDF file for complete list (schedules are current as of January 4)
- Please notify us as soon as possible if you are not able to compete.
- The Regional Competitions are closed auditions; visitor waiting areas are available at each site. No parents, teachers, or coaches will be allowed in the competition area.
- Approximately 20 percent of students (min. 12 and max. 20) in each discipline competing at the Regional level will be selected to compete at the Semi-Finals.
2019 Regional Sites
Administered by CAA, no students report
Park in Lot I
Park in West Parking lot
Park in Lot I
Mt. St. Joseph University, Dorothy Meyer Ziv Art Building/Studio San Giuseppe
enter West Parking Lot and continue down the drive to the art building
- Drop off: Friday, January 25, 4:30-6:00 PM
Note: the online submission manager is open September 1, 2018 - January 23, 2019. Only use if work is 3-D, 4-D, or unavailable due to another competition.
- Pick up: Saturday, January 26, 4:00-5:00 PM
Parking is located directly behind the church and can be accessed from entrances on both sides of the church. Please do not park on Arcadia Avenue as that parking is reserved for residents. The back of the building is currently closed for construction, but there are doors on both sides of the building that are available for use. On the Arcadia Avenue side of the building, there is a white door with a small window in the center of the building that will be unlocked and will take you directly to the registration table. Should you need an entrance with zero stairs, there is a door on the opposite side of the building with a few handicap accessible spots close to it. You are welcome to use that door as needed.
- Education & Community
- Artists on Tour
- Overture Awards
- Building Diverse Audiences Advisory Committee
- Cincy Emerging Arts Leaders
- Janet's Fund