Pones: Laboratory of Movement
Dancing on the Globe
Curriculum: Dance, Social Studies, STEM
Students will learn how to use the basic elements of dance (Body, Energy, Space and Time) to communicate an environment and culture through non-verbal movements. They will look at the world in a new way, via the lens of dance in cultures from around the globe through original and learned choreography.
- Students will choose which environmental elements they will show when creating their dance.
- Students will choose how their body will represent the landscapes, objects, or characters needed to tell a story using dance.
- Students will learn dances from around the globe, such as, the Kakilambe from Guinea West Africa, Salsa from Cuba, and Bollywood from Mumbai, India.
Recommended Ages: Grades 3-12
Maximum Audience: 30
Length: 60 minutes
Cost: $85 per workshop
Max #Sessions per Day: 3
- Education & Community
- Artists on Tour
- Overture Awards
- Building Diverse Audiences Advisory Committee
- Cincy Emerging Arts Leaders