Music Hall Volunteer Opportunities
Each year, nearly 200 community volunteers welcome and assist guests at Music Hall and share their love for the performing and visual arts with the community. These dedicated and talented arts ambassadors contribute their time and talents to the vital operations and administration of our organization. Creating exceptional experiences for our patrons is our first priority, and the warm welcome our guests receive on their arrival is paramount. A friendly, helpful, and respectful staff is one of the more lasting impressions that our visitors take away from their time at Music Hall.
While one of the benefits is attending the event for which one volunteers, there are many other benefits associated with volunteering, including invitations to select dress rehearsals, an annual volunteer appreciation party, and occasional ticket discounts. Apply now
These personable, outgoing individuals welcome patrons with a smile, assist with seating, and maintain the security of the audience and the facility during performances. Ushers schedule their shifts online and typically work between 5-10 hours a month for at least one performance season (September through August). This opportunity is mostly evenings and weekends.
All ushers must interview and attend one orientation prior to their service, and must be at least 18 years old. New usher orientations generally occur twice a year. Parking is at the expense of the volunteer.
- DO NOT complete an application to usher if you are interested in completing community service hours or if you are looking for short-term or summer volunteer opportunities. Our opportunities and resources are limited, and we will most likely not be able to accommodate such requests.
- There may be a 6-12 month waiting list for volunteer usher opportunities (depending on application date).
Read more about becoming an usher
Friends of Music Hall Tour & Education Outreach Program Volunteers
Program volunteers provide a deeper appreciation of the history of Cincinnati Music Hall through professional and entertaining tour and outreach experiences. The Tour & Education Outreach Program helps fulfill the mission of Friends of Music Hall by providing education, preserving history, and promoting awareness of Music Hall.
Brief Position Descriptions:
- Program Guide (Tours and Outreach)
- volunteers provide and lead in-depth, knowledgeable, professional and entertaining tours and outreach programming through the Friends of Music Hall. Through professional and entertaining tour and outreach experiences, the program provides a deeper appreciation of the history of Cincinnati Music Hall.
- Content Curator (Researcher)
- help ensure tour products and information provide entertaining, factual history. Although not directly involved with service delivery, by gathering well-researched, credible source-cited information and crafting engaging narratives, Content Curators help bring Cincinnati Music Hall’s relevance to present day audiences.
Special Projects & Administrative Assistance
This organized individual assists the volunteer department with marketing, general office support and special projects, as needed.
Monday - Friday between 10:00 am-5:00 pm once or twice a month. Please note that some assistance can be done from home. Work is coordinated with the Tour & Education Outreach Program Director.
For more information about ushering, please contact the Music Hall Volunteer & House Services Manager at [email protected] or (513) 744-3417.
- About Us
- News & Media
- CAA Presents
- Resident Companies
- Employment Opportunities
- Staff Directory
- Annual Reports
- Contact Us