THE MUSICAL OF MUSICALS (THE MUSICAL!)
THE MUSICAL OF MUSICALS (THE MUSICAL!)
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8-9 & 15-16 | ARONOFF CENTER
(Cincinnati, OH) – Cincinnati Music Theatre (CMT) is pleased to announce the casting of its February Studio Series production The Musical of Musicals (The Musical!) at the Aronoff Center’s intimate Fifth Third Bank Theater on February 8-9 and 15-16, 2019 (see detailed schedule below). CMT has attracted some of the area’s top local talent and theatre veterans – many of whom have performed in past CMT productions – for its Studio Series 2019 opener.
Tickets are only $25 (inclusive of all fees) and are on sale now at www.CincinnatiArts.org, (513) 621-ARTS , and the Aronoff Center Ticket Office. Group sales of eight or more are available at (513) 977-4157.
The Musical of Musicals (The Musical!) – Cast List
- Catherine Shultz (Abby) – Mother Superior in Sister Act, Katherine in Sunset Boulevard, and Lottie Child in Crazy For You (Cincinnati Music Theatre); Sister Mary Amnesia in Nuncrackers and Nunsense (The Drama Workshop); Muriel in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Mason Community Players); and Aunt March in Little Women (The Footlighters, Inc.).
- Elizabeth Beiting-Lipps (June) – Betty Haynes in White Christmas (Covedale Center for the Performing Arts), Christine Colgate in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Mason Community Players), Mayor Maggie/Ron in BatBoy (Falcon Theater), Lucy the Slut in Avenue Q (Showbiz Players), and Logainne SchwartzandGrubenierre in Spelling Bee (Loveland Stage Company).
- Luka Ashley Carter (Willy) – Victor Frankenstein in Frankenstein (Falcon Theatre) and Paul San Marco in A Chorus Line (Cincinnati Music Theatre).
- Jeff Richardson (Jidder) – King Kaiser in My Favorite Year, Wilbur Turnblad in Hairspray, and Igor in Young Frankenstein (Cincinnati Music Theatre); Patsy in Spamalot (ShowBiz Players); and Max Bialystock in The Producers (The Footlighters, Inc.)
- Erica Beimesche (Chorus) – Bill Slank in Peter and the Starcatcher (The Footlighters, Inc.), Lizzie Phagan in Parade (CenterStage Players), Cynthia Hastings in The Sting (The Drama Workshop), and Marta in Company (Independence Community Theatre).
- Marypat Carletti (Chorus) – Sr. Mary Agness in Sister Act and Sheila in A Chorus Line (Cincinnati Music Theatre), Agness Gooch in Mame (The Footlighters, Inc.), Gingy in Love, Loss & What I Wore (The Carnegie), and Nellie Cohan in George M (The Showboat Majestic).
- Elizabeth Leigh Taylor (Chorus) – Lois in More Fun Than Bowling, Coretta Scott King/Fannie Lou Hamer in All The Way, Sonia in Godspell, and Julianna in Dollhouse (Mariemont Players, Inc.); Murphy in Suite Surrender (Beechmont Players), multiple roles of Fan Scrooge, Belle, Martha Cratchit, Mrs. Dilber, and Kate in A Christmas Carol: A Radio Drama (Cinematic Plays Theater Co.).
The Musical of Musicals (The Musical!) is a musical about musicals! In this hilarious satire of musical theatre, one story becomes five delightful musicals, each written in the distinctive style of a different master of the form, from Rodgers & Hammerstein to Stephen Sondheim. The basic plot: June is an ingénue who can't pay the rent and is threatened by her evil landlord. Will the handsome leading man come to the rescue? The variations are: a Rodgers & Hammerstein version, set in Kansas in August, complete with a dream ballet; a Sondheim version, featuring the landlord as a tortured artistic genius who slashes the throats of his tenants in revenge for not appreciating his work; a Jerry Herman version, as a splashy star vehicle; an Andrew Lloyd Webber version, a rock musical with themes borrowed from Puccini; and a Kander & Ebb version, set in a speakeasy in Chicago. The production is directed by Dennis Murphy, who recently directed CMT’s production of Camelot, and produced by Kathy Beiting and Marypat Carletti, with music direction by Linda Abbott and choreography by JV Katz.
The intimate Fifth Third Bank Theater will be set as a cabaret – with tables, chairs, and a cash bar. It’s the perfect holiday gift for your loved one or an evening out with friends!
The Musical of Musicals (The Musical!) PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE:
Friday, February 8, 2019 at 8:00 PM
Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 5:00 PM & 8:00 PM
Friday, February 15, 2019 at 8:00 PM
Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 5:00 PM & 8:00 PM
Cincinnati Music Theatre
One of Cincinnati’s oldest and most successful community theaters, CMT is proud of its long history of presenting popular, large scale, award-winning musicals to enthusiastic audiences from across the Greater Cincinnati area. For more information, visit www.cincinnatimusictheatre.org, LIKE us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cincinnatimusictheatre, and follow us on Instagram @cincinnatimusictheatre.
The Musical of Musicals (The Musical!) is presented by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc.
Artwork and logo provided by the New York Producers from the original New York production of the Play at THE YORK THEATRE COMPANY.
- About Us
- News & Media
- CAA Presents
- Resident Companies
- Employment Opportunities
- Staff Directory
- Annual Reports
- Contact Us